Secondary Site Navigation
Fish Pathology Laboratory
- Compile a statewide finfish and shellfish disease history database for use in disease policy decisions.
- Annual review of over 200 finfish and shellfish transport permits to protect wild and hatchery stocks from disease concerns.
- Conduct disease screening of parent fish whose fertilized eggs are used in enhancement programs.
- Develop finfish and shellfish disease policies (PDF 2,536 kB) and guidelines (PDF 516 kB) for advising state, federal and private user groups.
- Disease certification of Pacific oyster stocks for importation into Alaska.