Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Research Home
- Gene Conservation Lab
- Pathology Lab
- Mark, Tag and Age Lab
- Alaska Sustainable Salmon Fund
- Western Alaska Salmon Stock Identification Program (WASSIP)
- Sonar Programs
- Westward Region Research
Fish Pathology Laboratory
Finfish & Shellfish Disease Management
- Compile a statewide finfish and shellfish disease history database for use in disease policy decisions.
- Annual review of over 200 finfish and shellfish transport permits to protect wild and hatchery stocks from disease concerns.
- Conduct disease screening of parent fish whose fertilized eggs are used in enhancement programs.
- Develop finfish and shellfish disease policies (PDF 2,536 kB) and guidelines (PDF 516 kB) for advising state, federal and private user groups.
- Disease certification of Pacific oyster stocks for importation into Alaska.