Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Research Home
- Gene Conservation Lab
- Pathology Lab
- Mark, Tag and Age Lab
- Alaska Sustainable Salmon Fund
- Western Alaska Salmon Stock Identification Program (WASSIP)
- Sonar Programs
- Westward Region Research
Fish Pathology Laboratory
- Supervise fish health activities at 34 Alaska finfish hatcheries.
- Conduct hatchery inspections annually.
- Detect fish diseases and recommend appropriate preventative measures and treatment.
- Assist hatchery personnel with field sampling and conduct workshops for training in finfish and shellfish disease recognition.