Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Sport Fish Home
- Fishing Information
- Alaska Lake Database
- Information By Area
- Guide and Charter Requirements
- Boating and Angler Access Programs
- Hatcheries and Stocking
- Nonnative & Invasive Species
- Angler Education Opportunities
- Proxy Fishing
Fish Count Data Search
The department, federal agencies, and nongovernment organizations operate counting projects to count the numbers of migrating fish (primarily salmon), using weirs, sonars and counting towers in a number of streams throughout Alaska. This tool is used by the various fisheries divisions for a variety of management objectives. This website has compiled counts from a number of different sources to provide inseason and historical data.
This site does not include all of the sites in the state, only those for which inseason data is readily accessible. All counts for the current year are considered preliminary data and subject to change.
Search Fish Counts
Begin by selecting a location:
This drop down menu provides you with a list of streams for which current or historical fish count data is available through this web site.
Top 10 recent searches
Harvest per Effort
For Southeast Areas
- Copper River Sockeye Salmon Escapement Link to preliminary inseason sockeye salmon escapement estimates for the Copper River.
These estimates are collected by Division of Commercial Fisheries
- Southeast Management Areas Sport Fish Fishing Reports contain harvest-per-effort statistics.
- See also the Statewide sonar programs for more detail about estimates generated by the Department's sonar programs.