Website Feedback Button
Fish and Game Home

Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Educational Permits

Photo of a fish tank Many teachers in Alaska are interested in using native plant and animal species as part of their science lessons. Under Alaska law, a permit must be obtained from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) in order to collect, possess, or transport wildlife, fish, shellfish, amphibian, or aquatic plant resources for educational, scientific, or propagative uses. Educators who are interested learning about the application and permitting process to use native plant and animal species for educational purposes should visit the Transport and Possession Permits page.

Please take a moment to help us improve your experience at the ADF&G website.
How did you arrive at our website?
Why did you visit our website today?
Did you find what you were looking for?
How easy or hard was it to find?
Very Easy Very Hard
Please provide any other comments or suggestions about your experience on the ADF&G website.

Having Trouble with this form?