Website Feedback Button
Fish and Game Home

Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Sport Fishing Licenses & King Salmon Stamps

king salmon catch

All residents and nonresidents age 16 or older must purchase and possess a sport fishing license to participate in Alaska sport and personal use fisheries. In addition, a king salmon stamp is required to fish for king salmon. These laws apply in both fresh and marine waters. Sport fish licenses and king salmon stamps may be purchased online, at most sporting goods stores, and at Fish and Game offices.

State residents age 60 or older who maintain their residency may participate in sport fisheries without a sport fishing license, but must apply for and possess an ADF&G Permanent Identification Card. Permanent Identification Card applications are available only at Fish and Game offices. Holders of Permanent Identification Cards DO NOT need to purchase a king salmon stamp in order to fish for king salmon.

To participate in sport fisheries that have annual harvest limits (many king salmon and rainbow trout fisheries), anglers younger than 16 and holders of permanent identification cards must obtain a free harvest record card (available at license vendors and at Fish and Game offices) in order to record their harvest of those fish.

Please take a moment to help us improve your experience at the ADF&G website.
How did you arrive at our website?
Why did you visit our website today?
Did you find what you were looking for?
How easy or hard was it to find?
Very Easy Very Hard
Please provide any other comments or suggestions about your experience on the ADF&G website.

Having Trouble with this form?