Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Commercial Fishing Licenses & Permits Home
- Commercial Fishing Licenses & Permits
License and Permits
The commercial fishing industry of Alaska represents a very important part of the economy and fishery resources worldwide. As with any renewable resource participants must follow practices that support sustainability. Proper licensing, permitting and reporting is essential to assist the managing agencies to ensure that we all get to enjoy these resources for years to come. Please make sure that you have contacted all of the proper agencies for your type of operation. If you need assistance, please contact the Seafood Industry Coordinator at (907) 465-6131 or email@example.com
Links have been provided below to assist you in ensuring that all licensing requirements have been met.
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game - Buy Your License Online
- Buy your commercial crew license online.
- Department of Revenue
- Issues the Fisheries Business Licenses. These are required for all processing or exporting activities.
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- Responsible for ensuring that seafood is maintained and processed in safe and sanitary conditions.
- Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission
- Provides vessel licenses as well as permits for all of the state fisheries.
- Department of Transportation
- If you sell your product by the pound your scales must be annually tested and approved by DOT.