- Where to Go
Viewing sites, maps, road and ferry routes.
- What to See
Bears, birds, marine mammals and more.
- When to Go
Wildlife by season, festivals and other events.
- Virtual Viewing
Trailcams, webcams, video, audio, and tracking maps.
- Tips and Safety
Safety around wildlife, photography, animal identification and viewing etiquette.
- Guides and Checklists
Bird & animal checklists, viewing guides.
- Citizen Science
Volunteer for wildlife research.
- Viewing Permits
McNeil River, Round Island and Pack Creek.
- Support fish and wildlife conservation in Alaska
- Watch Round Island walruses on a live webcam
- Interactive map shows activities of Anchorage urban bears
- Round Island walrus viewing open to visitors starting May 1
- Been birding? Find out if you qualify for a Wings Over Alaska certificate
- Help us find the gray-headed chickadee (PDF)
- Alaska Hummingbird Festival, April 1–30, 2019
- Stikine River Birding Festival, April 25–28, 2019
- Spring Migration Celebration, April 27, 2019
- Copper River Delta Shorebird Festival, May 2–5, 2019
- Kachemak Bay Shorebird Festival, May 9– 12, 2019
- Kenai Peninsula Birding Festival, May 18, May 25, & June 1, 2019
- Yakutat Tern Festival, May 30–June 2, 2019
- Potter Marsh Discovery Day, June 1, 2019
- Alaska BearFest, July 24–28, 2019
Tanana Valley Sandhill Crane Festival,
August 23–25, 2019
- Sitka WhaleFest, October 31–November 3, 2019
Alaska Bald Eagle Festival,
November 6 – 9, 2019