Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Research Home
- Gene Conservation Lab
- Pathology Lab
- Mark Tag and Age Lab
- Alaska Sustainable Salmon Fund
- Western Alaska Salmon Stock Identification Program (WASSIP)
- Sonar Programs
- Westward Region Research
Fish Pathology Laboratory
The Fish Pathology Section monitors and controls finfish and shellfish diseases statewide (according to Title 16 of the Alaska Statutes) by conducting diagnostic surveys, developing finfish and shellfish disease policies and by advising the Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game and other state and federal authorities on fish disease issues.
Facilities & Staff
- Diagnostic laboratories in Anchorage and Juneau with state-of-the-art technology; transmission electron microscopy, ELISA, DNA probe, PCR.
- Staff experienced and highly trained in Microbiology, Fish Health, and Aquatic Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff comprised of two Fish Pathologists, two Microbiologists, and one Laboratory Technician.
- American Fisheries Society, Fish Health Section Certifications of Fish Pathologist and Fish Health Inspector held by staff members.