The Hunter Information & Training (HIT) Program offers two basic types of classes for our three certification courses – Hunter Education, Bowhunter Education, and Muzzleloader Education.
- Instructor-led course
- Online course + field day
Instructor-led classes are taught in-person by volunteer instructors and consist of two parts (workbook home study and 8 hour field day). These classes require the student to sign up and pay in person at a Fish and Game office. You cannot sign up online for any of these courses.
Online course + field day
The Online course + field day consists of two parts. Part one requires the student to complete the online portion of the course and written exam online. Part two requires the student to attend a field day administered by certified volunteer instructors. The field day (4 hours) includes a review of key safety issues and Alaska specific regulations and a shooting proficiency. Both parts must be completed in order to be certified.
Due to the student information data transfer schedule from our out of state provider, you will need to wait three working days from the time you complete your online test before you can sign up for a field day.
PLEASE NOTE: You may NOT mix and match the Instructor-led courses with the Online courses. They are NOT interchangeable.
View course schedules for:
- Hunter Education: (Instructor-led)
- Hunter Education: (Online course + field day)
- Bowhunter Education: (Instructor-led)
- Bowhunter Education: (Online course + field day)
- Muzzleloader Education: (Instructor-led)
- Muzzleloader Education: (Online course + field day)
- Crossbow Education: (Online course + field day)