Report Wildlife Encounters:

Please let us know about human-wildlife conflicts, or injured, aggressive or orphaned animals

If a wild animal poses an immediate threat to personal safety, call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, please submit your report through this website. Reports submitted online are reviewed during regular business hours; you may be contacted for additional information if needed.

If you have killed an animal in Defense of Life or Property (DLP) under state regulation 5 AAC 92.410, you must print and fill out the required DLP form and notify both the Alaska Wildlife Troopers and the closest Fish and Game office. Click here to access the DLP form. (PDF 114 kB)

Wildlife Encounter Report Form

Type of Encounter:
Animal Location Details:

Location of animal:

Mark the location of the encounter by clicking a pin on the map. To move your pin, click on a new location.

Animal Information:

Is the animal injured?

Have you seen an adult animal in the area?

Have you reported this animal previously to ADF&G?

Your Contact Information:

If you are unsure of what to report, below are some examples of the types of encounters ADF&G would like to hear about:

  • Injured or sick animals (except marine mammal strandings).
  • Orphaned animals. Leave these animals alone, but please report them.
  • Injuries caused by wildlife to humans.
  • Any wild animal that is aggressive or approaches humans or that has been seen hanging around a campground or neighborhood.
  • Dangerous moose encounters.
  • Brown bear sightings in neighborhoods or in densely populated areas.
  • Bears in garbage: A person can be fined if a bear gets into unsecured garbage or other attractants. This can become a dangerous situation if not addressed.

REMEMBER: a wild animal's best chance for survival is to be left in the wild. It is illegal for you to feed or handle wildlife.