Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Research Home
- Gene Conservation Lab
- Pathology Lab
- Mark, Tag and Age Lab
- Alaska Sustainable Salmon Fund
- Western Alaska Salmon Stock Identification Program (WASSIP)
- Sonar Programs
- Westward Region Research
Fish Pathology Laboratory
- Provide statewide diagnostic services to all user groups for examination of wild and hatchery finfish and shellfish.
- Perform examinations for bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, other parasites and noninfectious diseases using a variety of laboratory techniques.
- Affiliations with several fish health laboratories and organizations nationwide for additional information and specialized testing when required. These affiliations include the National Wild Fish Health Survey, Pacific Northwest Fish Health Protection Committee, Fish Health Section of the American Fisheries Society, Whirling Disease Foundation, and European Association of Fish Pathologists.
- Examine over 8,000 aquatic animals and conduct over 14,000 diagnostic tests annually.