Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Hunting / Trapping Licenses & Permits Home
- Buy Your Licenses & Tags
- Resident & Non-Resident Hunters
- Resident Hunters
- Military Hunters
- Disabled & Elderly
- General Information
Drawing Hunt Permits Information
Non-resident Fall Kodiak Brown Bear Application Period
Non-residents Can Now Apply for Fall 2013 Kodiak Bear Hunts (Closes May 31 5pm AKST)
Draw Hunting Summary:
Most drawing hunts are available to both residents and nonresidents. Drawing hunts require an application fee and are awarded by lottery. Each year, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) publishes a Draw Hunt Supplement with specific information containing the drawing hunt opportunities and area boundaries. ADF&G has returned to having a single application period each year during November and December.
When to Apply:
The application period for Draw hunts is November 1 – December 17, 2012 (5pm AKST).
New Changes for 2012
- The draw application period ends December 17th, 2012 at 5pm.
- All applications submitted are final and application fees will not be refunded.
- Paper applications are no longer accepted for draw hunts. See the press release for more information.
- Applicants may apply for up to 6 moose hunts, only 3 of which may be bull hunts. All 6 may be antlerless hunts.
How to Apply for Draw Hunts:
- Check the current Draw Hunt Supplement for your hunt number(s).
- You will need to purchase a valid hunting license if you do not already have one.
- Non-resident hunters are also required to have a signed Guide-Client Agreement prior to applying for certain hunts. See the Draw Hunt Supplement for more information.
- Submit your application
- Apply online (8am Nov 1 – Dec 17 by 5pm (AKST)).
The results of the November 1 – December 17, 2012 Draw and Tier I/II application period are now available online.