Drawing Hunt Permits Information
The results of the November 1 – December 15, 2017 Draw, Tier I/II, and Community Subsistence Harvest application period are expected to be available online by noon on Friday, February 16.
Draw Hunting Summary
Most drawing hunts are available to both residents and nonresidents. Drawing hunts require an application fee and are awarded by lottery. Each year, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) publishes a Draw Hunt Supplement with specific information containing the drawing hunt opportunities and area boundaries. ADF&G has returned to having a single application period each year during November and December.
When to Apply
The application period for Draw hunts is November 1, 8am – December 15, 5pm (AKST).
As a Reminder
- All applications submitted are final and application fees will not be refunded.
- Paper applications are no longer accepted for draw hunts.
- Applicants may apply for up to 6 hunts for the same species on all individual and party applications combined, and may apply for the same hunt more than once. For moose, applicants may only apply for 3 bull hunts; all 6 may be antlerless hunts. Antlerless hunts that have a late winter (after December 1) and spring season will count towards your limit of three applications for bull moose. See individual hunt restrictions listed in the Drawing Supplement for additional details.
How to Apply for Draw Hunts
- Check the current Draw Hunt Supplement for your hunt number(s).
You will need to purchase a valid Alaska big game hunting license if you do not already have one. Licenses are accepted for the current year or for the year in which the drawing hunt takes place, and future year licenses are available for purchase on our website. Licenses are not required for resident hunters under 17 years of age.
- Purchase your hunting license online
- Non-resident hunters are also required to have a signed Guide-Client Agreement prior to applying for certain hunts. See the Draw Hunt Supplement for more information.
- Submit your application
- Apply online (Nov. 1, 8am – Dec. 15, 5pm AKST).