Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Hunting / Trapping Licenses & Permits Home
- Buy Your Licenses & Tags
- Resident & Non-Resident Hunters
- Resident Hunters
- Military Hunters
- Disabled & Elderly
- General Information
Drawing Hunt Permits Information
Results of the Nov–Dec 2013 Application Period
The results of the November 1 – December 17, 2013 Draw and Tier I/II application period are now available online.
Draw Hunting Summary
Most drawing hunts are available to both residents and nonresidents. Drawing hunts require an application fee and are awarded by lottery. Each year, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) publishes a Draw Hunt Supplement with specific information containing the drawing hunt opportunities and area boundaries. ADF&G has returned to having a single application period each year during November and December.
When to Apply
The application period for Draw hunts is November 1, 8am – December 17, 5pm (AKST).
As a Reminder
- All applications submitted are final and application fees will not be refunded
- Paper applications are no longer accepted for draw hunts.
- Applicants may apply for up to 6 moose hunts, only 3 of which may be bull hunts. All 6 may be antlerless hunts.
How to Apply for Draw Hunts
- Check the current Draw Hunt Supplement for your hunt number(s).
- You will need to purchase a valid Alaska big game hunting license if you do not already have one. Licenses are accepted for the current year or for the year in which the drawing hunt takes place, and future year licenses are available for purchase on our website. Licenses are not required for resident hunters under 16 years of age.
- Non-resident hunters are also required to have a signed Guide-Client Agreement prior to applying for certain hunts. See the Draw Hunt Supplement for more information.
- Submit your application
- Apply online (Nov. 1, 8am – Dec. 17, 5pm AKST).