Range Map Key
The range map above indicates that this owl:
- Can exist in the entire shaded area where suitable habitat exists.
- Is common in the Interior, Southcentral, and South-west regions of the state.
- Is uncommon on the North Slope.
- Becomes rare near the start of the panhandle.
- Is very rarely seen in Southeast and probably does not breed there.
Owls only live within their range where suitable habitat exists.
These ranges are year-round except for the Short-eared Owl which migrates south in winter.