Goose Bay —
State Game Refuge
The Goose Bay State Game Refuge is open to most public uses provided the activity does not damage refuge resources, disturb wildlife or disrupt existing public uses. Allowed activities generally include hunting, trapping, fishing, wildlife watching, hiking, boating, snow machining, and camping.
Some common, minimal impact activities are permitted under General Permits for the Special Areas.
Land and water use activities requiring a Special Area Permit include (as described in 5AAC 95.420), but are not limited to:
- construction or placement of structures;
- damaging or clearing vegetation;
- detonation of explosives (other than firearms);
- surface or shoreline altering activities;
- natural resource development or energy exploration;
- off-road use of wheeled or tracked equipment;
- boat storage;
- waste disposal;
- grazing or animal husbandry; and
- any other activity that is likely to have a significant effect on vegetation, drainage, water quality, soil stability, fish, wildlife, or their habitat, or which disturbs fish or wildlife.