Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Subsistence & Personal Use Permits Home
- Sport vs Subsistence vs Personal Use Fishing
- Sport Fish Licenses
- Interior Alaska
- Southcentral Alaska
- Southeastern Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Subsistence Fisheries
That Require a Permit
In Southeastern Alaska the following fisheries require a permit issued by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. To obtain a permit and information on seasons, methods and means, bag limits, and other restrictions contact the Fish and Game Area office in the area you are planning on fishing.
- All subsistence fisheries for salmon, trout, char (Dolly Varden), and herring spawn on kelp.
- In the Yakutat Area all subsistence fisheries for salmon, trout, and char (Dolly Varden).
- In the Yakutat Area all subsistence shrimp fisheries occuring from commercial vessels
Southeastern Alaska Subsistence Use Permit Information
If you have questions about the regulations or limits for the subsistence and personal use permits contact the Area Management Biologists at the following ADF&G offices: