Southeastern Alaska Subsistence Fisheries
That Require a Permit
In Southeastern Alaska the following fisheries require a permit issued by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. To obtain a permit and information on seasons, methods and means, bag limits, and other restrictions contact the Fish and Game Area office in the area you are planning on fishing.
- All subsistence fisheries for salmon, trout, char (Dolly Varden), and herring spawn on kelp.
- Subsistence herring spawn on kelp fishery.
- Subsistence shrimp fishery.
- In the Yakutat Area all subsistence fisheries for salmon, trout, and char (Dolly Varden).
- In the Yakutat Area all subsistence shrimp fisheries.
Southeastern Alaska Subsistence Use Permit Information
If you have questions about the regulations or limits for the subsistence and personal use permits contact the Area Management Biologists at the following ADF&G offices: