Things to remember for your hunt:
- Carry hunting license and signed drawing permit while hunting
- Carry proof of completed bison hunter orientation class while hunting.
- Validate the drawing permit by notching the month and day immediately upon harvest.
- If successful, check out with ADF&G within 48 hours of killing your bison.
- If successful, turn in check-out forms, questionnaire, and biological samples.
- If you did not hunt or were unsuccessful, return your drawing permit report card to ADF&G within 15 days of the close of the hunting season.
Key hunting regulations:
- It is unlawful to shoot from or across a road.
- It is unlawful to shoot at a bison from a motorized vehicle.
- It is unlawful to chase, herd, or molest bison with motorized vehicles, or use a motorized vehicle to pursue an animal that is fleeing.
- It is against the law to hunt or help someone else take big game until 3:00 a.m. the day following the day you have flown. This does not apply if you have flown on a regularly scheduled commercial or commuter airplane.
- It is unlawful to shoot a bison wearing a hi-visibility orange radio collar.
Please call us at 907-895-4484 if you have any questions and good luck on your hunt!
Delta Junction ADF&G