Fish, Amphibian, & Aquatic Plants Permits
Sale of Trophies

The laws governing the possession, sale, and use of fish parts are complex. If you are unsure whether something is legal, please consult your local Alaska Wildlife Trooper or Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) office. ADF&G has authority over mounted sport-caught Alaskan fish.

Selling mounted sport-caught fish requires a permit from ADF&G. Mounted sport-caught fish may be given away at any time, but may only be sold or exchanged for something of value when they are: 1) abandoned at a taxidermy shop for at least 1 year; 2) involved with the restitution of a bankruptcy; or 3) if the owner dies and the mount is part of an estate in probate court.