Catcher-Seller Permits

  • You do not need a Catcher-Seller permit if you only sell to licensed processors.
  • Catcher-Sellers are not permitted to purchase, process, or export fishery resources.

How to Apply for your Catcher-Seller Permit

Online Application and Renewal

Online applications are accepted through the Alaska Department of Revenue. The Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) and the Department of Revenue use the Revenue Online system to process and issue licenses, permits, code plates, and fish ticket books. Contact the Fisheries Business License Desk at (907) 375-6454 for help with the system.

Paper Application and Payment Form

Print and complete the application and method of payment forms below, and mail or FAX to ADF&G. The address and FAX number are on the forms. Payment can also be made through the ADF&G Store at You may renew using the paper forms or by renewing online (see above).

Catcher-Seller Permit Application Form (PDF 261 kB)
Method of Payment Form (PDF 62 kB)

For assistance, contact the Seafood Industry Coordinator at 907-465-6131 or

Catcher-Seller permits are for fishermen who have at least one permit from the Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission (CFEC) for the current year, and who intend to sell only their own unprocessed (in the round) catch to members of the public for noncommercial purposes; to grocery stores, restaurants, or Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation Waivered Buyers; and/or for use as bait for commercial and noncommercial purposes. In most cases, sales occur directly from the vessel at the dock, however, fish may be shipped to licensed buyers, processors, or exporters within the state. For more information see Fresh Fish for Sale! Catcher-Sellers: How it Works (Alaska Fish & Wildlife News Article)