Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Aquatic Farm
- State Authorizations
- Hatcheries & Nurseries
- Mariculture Permits FAQs
- Program Home
- Contact Us
- Related Links
Aquatic Farm Authorization Requirements
Activities Managed by the Department of Environmental Conservation
The Department of Environmental Conservation issues many different permits.
- Activities Covered:
- Water quality classification; shellfish harvester permit, processing, and shipper permits; paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) testing; export certifications, and authorizations for dive boats to be used for shellfish harvesting.
- Sanitary control of regulated food, seafood, and public facilities to protect public health. Regulation is in accordance with the National Shellfish Sanitation Program requirements.
- Various applications and forms, monitoring programs, testing, and inspections.
- Water quality classification: Variable, to cover costs of shoreline survey, testing, etc.
- Shellfish harvester permit: $162.00
- Paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) testing: Variable, to cover shipment and testing
- Export certifications: $25.00 for each certificate issued
- Authorizations for dive boats to be used for shellfish harvesting: $162.00
Department of Environmental Conservation
Contact: George Scanlan, Shellfish Coordinator
Division of Environmental Health, Food Safety and Sanitation Program
555 Cordova Street
Anchorage, AK. 55501.
Phone (907) 269-7638
Fax (907) 269-7510