Website Feedback Button
Fish and Game Home

Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Subtidal Farm Site Harvest Requirements

CFEC Aquatic Farm Permit

A Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission (CFEC) Aquatic Farm Interim-Use Permit is required to harvest an insignificant population of wild stock geoducks from an aquatic farm site in Alaska. One CFEC permit is required for each individual farm site and will only be issued to the aquatic farm operation permit holder for their specific aquatic farm site. The CFEC will only issue a permit for the species approved for culture on the operation permit for that farm site. The CFEC will send a permit holder an Aquatic Farm Interim-Use Card to use for reporting harvest to ADF&G using a Miscellaneous Shellfish ticket.

To apply for a CFEC Aquatic Farm Interim-Use Permit, complete a CFEC Aquatic Farm Interim-Use Permit Application and submit the application with a $75 processing fee to Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission. You must renew this permit annually. The CFEC Aquatic Farm Permit Application (PDF) is available online.

For more information contact the CFEC by phone: (907) 789-6150 Fax: (907) 789-6170 or online at

Please take a moment to help us improve your experience at the ADF&G website.
How did you arrive at our website?
Why did you visit our website today?
Did you find what you were looking for?
How easy or hard was it to find?
Very Easy Very Hard
Please provide any other comments or suggestions about your experience on the ADF&G website.

Having Trouble with this form?