Mammal, Bird & Reptile Permits
Capture and handling of wildlife, and possession of wildlife parts, may be authorized for valid educational purposes under an Education Permit. In addition, ADF&G may donate hides and skulls to qualified agencies or organizations for public display and educational purposes. Under terms of ADF&G’s Zoo Policy, qualified organizations may obtain permits to possess and display live mammals, birds, and reptiles for educational purposes, and ADF&G may donate animals for those purposes. Please contact the Permits Section (firstname.lastname@example.org, 465-4148) for more information on Education Permits. Contact our Anchorage or Fairbanks offices for information on obtaining skulls and hides.
- Educational Permit
- Application Form (Word doc 153 kB)
- Exhibition Permit
- Zoo Policy (currently under revision)
- Application Form (Word doc 138 kB)
- Permit for Hides and Skulls
- Terms and Application Procedures (PDF 48 kB)
- Application Form (Word doc 132 kB)
- Contact the ADF&G Division of Wildlife Conservation offices in Anchorage or Fairbanks.