Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Benefits of Interning with ADF&G
- Paid Internships! Salary range from $14.13 - $26.13 per hour (pay changes slightly by location).
- Worker’s Compensation
- Overtime eligible (over 40 hrs a week)
- Eligible for the State of Alaska Retirement Plan
- ADF&G pays for travel necessary for the position (floatplanes, boats, helicopters, etc…).
- Room and Board provided by ADF&G in remote locations and field camps.
- Get the chance to see many remote and beautiful places in Alaska while getting hands on experience.
School & Career Benefits
- Earn credit for school.
- Build your job skills and develop hands-on experience for your resume.
- “Get your feet wet” with an internship and experience different aspects of the job you’re interested in.
- Use your experience to influence what classes you take once you’re back at school.
- Take what you learned in the field and apply it to your class work.
- Networking: Form relationships with the people you work with. These relationships can turn into future references.
- Get to know ADF&G as an employer and decide if it is somewhere you want to work. Your internship will provide excellent experience, especially when competing for a position with Fish and Game.