Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Fairbanks Range Home
- Hunter Education Class Schedules
- Other Shooting Ranges
Fairbanks Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range
Open Walk-In Public Shooting Hours at the Range
SEASONAL CLOSURE NOTICE: The range will be closed for Walk-in Public Shooting Hours all August and for part of September. Walk-in Public Shooting Hours will resume for the 2014–2015 Fall/Winter Season on Saturday, September 20, 2014.
2014-2015 FALL/WINTER SEASON
(Saturday, September 20, 2014, through Friday, May 16, 2015)
|Day of the Week||Open Walk-In Public Shooting Hours|
|Mondays||CLOSED (no walk-in hours)|
|Tuesdays||CLOSED (no walk-in hours)|
|Wednesdays||4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.|
|Thursdays||12:00 P.M. (noon) to 2:00 P.M. AND 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.|
|Fridays||4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.|
|Saturdays||1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AND 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.|
|Sundays||1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AND 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.|
Published hours do not include emergency closures and are subject to change from what is indicated.
Please note the live-fire range is used for hunter education shoots, school rifle team practice and matches, competitive shooting events, league shooting and firearms training and qualification outside of walk-in public shooting hours. Walk-in public shooting hours are established to the extent feasible and open times are based on public survey information gathered periodically, staffing availability, and on other uses of the facility.
Closures, Schedule Changes, and Special Events
- CLOSED for Walk-in Public Shooting Hours ALL OF AUGUST for annual maintenance and cleaning.
- SPECIAL EVENT — August 12-13, Alaska International Senior Games — Indoor Shooting Events for .22-caliber Rifle and Pistol.
- CLOSED for Walk-in Public Shooting Hours during the first few weeks of September, from September 1 through Friday, September 19, for annual maintenance and cleaning.
- Walk-in hours resume on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, for the 2014-2015 Regular/Winter Season at the range.
- CLOSED October 17 (Fri) for Alaska Day. No Walk-in Public Shooting Hours this day.
- CLOSED November 27 (Thr) for Thanksgiving. No Walk-in Public Shooting Hours this day.
- CLOSED December 24-25 (Wed-Thr) for Christmas. No Walk-in Public Shooting Hours these days.
- CLOSED December 31 (Wed) for New Year's Eve. No Walk-in Public Shooting Hours this day.
- CLOSED January 1 (Thr) for New Year's Day. No Walk-in Public Shooting Hours this day.
More Information About Walk-In Public Shooting Hours
Successful completion of the Range Orientation and Safety Briefing is required in order to use the live-fire range during walk-in public shooting hours. Orientations are given anytime during walk-in public shooting hours (as long as there is at least a half-hour left before closing) and Range ID cards (small fee applies) are issued to individuals who complete the orientation. Eye and ear protection is required and is available for sale or rent at the counter along with targets. You may share a lane with one other person. Firearms must be unloaded and cased when entering the facility (does not apply to on-duty law enforcement).
Fees for the ADF&G Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range
Fees collected at the facility cover only a part of the operating cost to provide the range for the public. Fees listed here current as of August 1, 2014.
- Lane Per Hour — $14.00
- Pre-Paid Lane (7 Hours) — $84.00
- E-Range Per Hour — $14.00
YOUTH, SENIORS, MILITARY
Youth must be under 18 years of age to qualify for the reduced rate
Seniors must be 60 years of age or older to qualify for the reduced rate
Military must be active duty with valid military ID to qualify for the reduced rate
- Lane Per Hour — $12.00
- Pre-Paid Lane (7 Hours) — $72.00
- E-Range Per Hour — $14.00
For More Information
Phone 452-5837 (range desk) during walk-in public shooting hours, and/or call the recorded information line at 452-6862.