Division of Sport Fisheries
Mission and Core Services
Contribution to Department Mission
The mission of the Division of Sport Fish is to protect and improve the state's sport fishery resources.
- Fisheries Management: Manage the stateâ€™s sport fisheries for sustained yield and angler satisfaction.
- Fisheries Research: Perform objective-based research based on sound scientific practices to support sport fisheries management.
- Fisheries Enhancement: Create and diversify sport fishing opportunities for anglers.
- Fish Habitat: Protect and restore fish habitats for the benefit of fish and sport anglers.
- Communication and Outreach: Inform and communicate with the public about sport fishing.
- Internal Operations: Provide leadership and administrative support for the Divisionâ€™s core functions.
More detailed information is available in the Division of Sport Fish Strategic Plan (PDF 2,619 kB) .
- Division of Sport Fish 2016 Annual Report (PDF 1,044 kB)
Division of Sport Fish, Headquarters Office
Phone 907- 465-4180, Fax 907-465-2772
See also: Sport Fishing