Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Commercial Fishing Home
- News Releases & Announcements
- Information By Area
- Information By Fishery
- Reporting Resources
- Area Offices & Contact Information
- About the Division of Commercial Fisheries
- Partner Agencies & Fishermen Resources
Commercial Dive Fisheries
Southeast Alaska & Yakutat
The Southeast Alaska/Yakutat dive fisheries include sea cucumbers, red sea urchins, and geoducks. These fisheries are managed by area office management biologists and stock assessment and research is done by the dive fisheries research group. Most of these fisheries are opened and assessed on a rotational calendar.
The Southeast Alaska Regional Dive Fisheries Association (SARDFA) provides the department with some stock assessment funding and has three species committees which make recommendations to the department.
Recorded Announcements: For recorded fishery information in Southeast Alaska
please see the Southeast Contacts page.
Fishery News Releases and Announcements
- Southeast Alaska Geoduck Clam Fishery Announcement (PDF 105 kB) - 1/21/15
- Southeast Alaska Geoduck Clam Fishery Announcement (PDF 107 kB) - 1/14/15
- Southeast Alaska Geoduck Clam Fishery Announcement (PDF 107 kB) - 1/6/15
- 2014/15 Southeast Alaska Commercial Geoduck Clam Fishery (PDF 113 kB) - 1/5/15
- Search for other News Releases, Fishery Announcements & Updates
- FMR 11-59 Report to the Board of Fisheries, Miscellaneous Dive Fisheries - November 2011 (PDF 2,440 kB)
- 5 AAC 38.140
- 5 AAC 38.142
Adobe Acrobat PDF files require a free viewer available directly from Adobe.