Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Sport Fish Home
- Fishing Information
- Alaska Lake Database
- Information By Area
- Guide and Charter Requirements
- Boating and Angler
- Hatcheries and Stocking
- Nonnative & Invasive Species
- Angler Education Opportunities
- Proxy Fishing
- Trophy Fish Program
- The Five Salmon
Haines-Skagway Management Area
Haines and Skagway provide year-round fishing opportunities in salt water and fresh water, accessible by boat and from shore. You can fish for all 5 species of Pacific salmon, Dolly Varden, cutthroat trout, halibut, and a variety of other species.
- Rockfish Conservation and Deepwater Release
- Haines and Skagway Roadside Fishing (PDF 694 kB)
- Sport fishing in northern southeast Alaska (PDF 58 kB)
- Haines and Skagway Fishing Spots (PDF 934 kB)
The following links lead to regulation summaries of Alaska sport and personal use fishing regulations published by the Division of Sport Fish as a service to anglers. They are not intended to be a complete digest of all fishing regulations.
Regulations may be changed by the Alaska Board of Fisheries during its regular meetings, by emergency regulation, or by emergency order at any time. Any changes to the regulations are made available through the emergency order link below.