Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Licenses & Permits Home
- Licenses/Permits FAQs
- Licenses Purchasing
- General Information
- License Statistics
- Crewmember License
- Contact Licensing
- License File & Vendor List
Fishing and Hunting License
Purchasing Your License Online
Frequently Asked Questions
Steps to Buy Online
- Please have the following information available:
- Valid credit card and expiration date: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and some debit cards (not all are compatible)
- Valid mailing address
- Valid e-mail address (an email confirmation of your purchase will be sent to you)
- Phone number (required on bank page only for credit card processing)
- Complete the online application.
- If you are purchasing a license or tag:
- Items are mailed the next business day. Please remember to allow extra time for the item(s) to reach your destination from Alaska.
- If you have not received your item within two weeks and are located in the United States, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: You cannot hunt, fish, or trap without a valid license in your possession.
Is this site safe?
This site is protected by InternetSecure®. Some browsers will show a padlock icon when in a secure site. Also, note the URL begins with "https" meaning the page is connected to a secure web site.
Printing Your License From Home and What to do if Your License Fails to Print
Hunting, sport fishing, and trapping licenses and king salmon stamps (if purchased with a sport fishing license) can be printed at your home. Once you have completed the purchase, you will receive a receipt page. Please be patient while we are verifying your credit card.
Once the receipt page is displayed, you should print this page for your records by selecting File then Print from your browser menu. Then, please click on the “Click here to finish order” button. A confirmation page will be displayed containing information regarding your item(s). If you purchased a license, this page also contains a link to your license. To print the actual license, click on the “Click to View/Print License” button below your list of items and your license page will display. Print your license by selecting File then Print from your browser menu.
If you purchased a king salmon stamp separate from a fishing license, big game tags, a duck stamp or commercial crew license, these cannot be printed from home and will be mailed the next business day. Sport fish business owner/guide licenses are also mailed separately and cannot be printed from home. Do not purchase these items online if you need them before they can reach you via the U.S. Postal Service.
If you purchased an annual license, your license printed at home is valid for up to 21 days. You will need to carry it with you while fishing, hunting and/or trapping. Your permanent annual license will be mailed to you the next business day. If you do not receive it within 7-14 business days after purchase, please e-mail email@example.com or call 907-465-2376.
If you purchased a short-term license, i.e., 1, 3, 7 or 14 day nonresident sport fishing license,be sure to print your license from home. This is your license to carry with you while fishing. You will not receive a fishing license in the mail.
What if my license fails to print?
- Are you planning to fish, hunt and/or trap now? If so, you will need to head to your nearest license vendor and purchase a $5.00 duplicate license.
- Are you planning to fish, hunt and/or trap at a later date? If so, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe your problem in the email and include your name as it appears on the license as well as the license number and order number if you have them. Including a phone number where we can reach you will help if there are problems. We will answer your e-mail the next business day. We can either fax you a copy of your license for you to use or send you a copy via e-mail for you to open and print. We can also mail you a copy if the other two options do not work.