Recreational Angler Access Projects Overview
Angler access (non-boating) projects construct, improve, and/or maintain public works that are not related to power boating use.
Projects which may be eligible under this category include, but are not limited to:
- Construction of trails and grate walks.
- Fish cleaning stations.
- Land acquisition and development of fishing lakes and ponds where motorboats are not allowed.
- Access roads, bridges, signals, and other requirements to provide the public access to non-boating facilities.
- Camping facilities, restrooms, showers, potable water, security lights, trash receptacles, and parking areas associated with angler access facilities.
- Engineering costs (planning and construction) as well as the costs of environmental assessments and permit applications.
- Operation and maintenance of angler access facilities.
- Signage for effective use of access facilities and recognition of Sport Fish Federal Aid in Restoration Program.
- Publication of guides, brochures, maps, road signs, Internet sites, and other aids to inform sport anglers of access sites.