Wolverine Creek Area Planning
Wolverine Creek on Big River Lake has become a popular sport fishing and bear-viewing destination with over 9,000 people visiting in 2002. This intensive use has created unique management challenges, and the department has invited the public to help guide in the management of the site. In November 2002, ADF&G convened the Wolverine Creek Management Committee (WCMC) to develop and agree on voluntary guidelines for the area. The department hopes to work cooperatively to design and implement ways in which people and bears can co-exist in this unique environment.
- Wolverine Creek Background
- Wolverine Creek Management Committee Charter
- Alaska Statutes and Regulations (Alaska Administrative Code) Pertinent to the Management of Wolverine Creek Cove in the Redoubt Bay Critical Habitat Area
- Guidelines for Public Review and Comments (PDF 168 kB)
To comment on guidelines or other Wolverine Creek matters, please go here: comment form
- Management Objectives and Implementation Guideline