Species Management Report, ADF&G/DWC/SMR-2015-3
Deer management report of survey-inventory activities
1 July 2012–30 June 2014
Patricia Harper and Laura A. McCarthy, editors
Many of the activities referenced in this report were funded in part by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program, Grants W-33-11 and W-33-12, Project 2.0.
Species management reports provide information about species that are hunted or trapped and management actions, goals, and recommendations for those species. Detailed information is prepared for each species every two or three years, depending on the species, by the area management biologists for game management units in their areas. Reports are not produced for species that are not managed for hunting or trapping or for areas where there is no current or anticipated activity. The individual unit reports are compiled in this statewide report. Unit reports are reviewed and approved for publication by regional management coordinators.Any information taken from this report should be cited with credit given to authors and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Authors are identified at the end of each unit section.
Product names used in this publication are included for completeness but do not constitute product endorsement.
- Full Report – All Units / Chapters (PDF 2,840 kB)
- Chapter 1: Unit 1A — Unit 1 south of Lemesurier Point, including drainages into Behm Canal and excluding drainages into Ernest Sound (PDF 232 kB)
- Chapter 2: Unit 1B — Southeast Alaska mainland from Cape Fanshaw to Lemesurier Point (PDF 251 kB)
- Chapter 3: Unit 1C — Southeast Alaska mainland between Cape Fanshaw and the latitude of Eldred Rock, including Berners Bay and Sullivan Island, excluding drainages into Farragut Bay (PDF 188 kB)
- Chapter 4: Unit 2 — Prince of Wales Island and adjacent islands south of Sumner Strait and west of Kashevarof Passage (PDF 247 kB)
- Chapter 5: Unit 3 — Islands of the Petersburg, Kake, and Wrangell area (PDF 281 kB)
- Chapter 6: Unit 4 — Admiralty, Baranof, Chichagof, and adjacent islands (PDF 228 kB)
- Chapter 7: Unit 5 — Cape Fairweather to Icy Bay, eastern Gulf of Alaska coast (PDF 167 kB)
- Chapter 8: Unit 6 — Prince William Sound and the northern Gulf of Alaska coast (PDF 1,166 kB)
- Chapter 9: Unit 8 — Kodiak and adjacent islands (PDF 107 kB)