Species Management Report, ADF&G/DWC/SMR-2014-4
Dall sheep management report of survey-inventory activities
1 July 2010-30 June 2013
Patricia Harper and Laura A. McCarthy, editors
Many of the activities referenced in this report were funded in part by the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Program, Grants W-33-9, W-33-10, and W-33-11, Project 6.0.
Species management reports provide information about species that are hunted or trapped and management actions, goals, and recommendations for those species. Detailed information is prepared for each species every two or three years, depending on the species, by the area management biologists for game management units in their areas. Reports are not produced for species that are not managed for hunting or trapping or for areas where there is no current or anticipated activity. The individual unit reports are compiled in this statewide report. Unit reports are reviewed and approved for publication by regional management coordinators.Any information taken from this report should be cited with credit given to authors and the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Authors are identified at the end of each unit section.
Product names used in this publication are included for completeness but do not constitute product endorsement.
This dall sheep management report will be published in stages as chapters become available.
- Chapter 1: Units 7 and 15 — Kenai Peninsula (PDF 64 kB)
- Chapter 2: Units 9, 16, 17, and 19 Alaska Range west and south of Denali National Park and Preserve (PDF 113 kB)
- Chapter 3: Unit 11 — South Wrangell Mountains (PDF 116 kB)
- Chapter 4: Southern Unit 11 and Units 13D — Chugach Mountains (PDF 99 kB)
- Chapter 5: Unit 12 — Mentasta, Nutzotin, and northern Wrangell Mountains (PDF 209 kB)
- Chapter 6: Units 12, 13, and 20 — Tok Management Area (PDF 201 kB)
- Chapter 7: Units 13A, 13E, 14A and 14B Talkeetna Mountains and Chulitna-Watana Hills (PDF 120 kB)
- Chapter 8: Units 13B, 20A, and 20D Delta Controlled-use Area (PDF 184 kB)
- Chapter 9: Unit 14A, Chugach Mountains (PDF 96 kB)
- Chapter 10: Unit 14C, Chugach Mountains (PDF 117 kB)
- Chapter 11: Unit 20A — North side of the Alaska Range east of the Nenana River, west of the Delta River, and south of the Tanana River (PDF 299 kB)
- Chapter 12: Units 20B, 20F, and 25C — White Mountains (PDF 123 kB)
- Chapter 13: Units 20B, 20D, and 20E — Tanana Hills (PDF 139 kB)
- Chapter 14: Unit 23 and Unit 26A — Western Brooks Range
- Chapter 15: Unit 23 East, 24B, and portions of 24A and 26A — Central Brooks Range (PDF 834 kB)
- Chapter 16: Units 24, 25, and 26 — Eastern Brooks Range (PDF 191 kB)