Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Blundell, G. M., A. A. Hoover-Miller, C. A. Schmale, R. K. Berngartt, and S. A. Karpovich. 2014. Efficacy of subcutaneous VHF implants and remote telemetry monitoring to assess survival rates in harbor seals. Journal of Mammalogy 95(4):707–721.
- Castellote, M., T. A. Mooney, L. T. Quakenbush, R. Hobbs, C. Goertz, and E. Gaglione. 2014. Baseline hearing abilities and variability in wild beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas). Journal of Experimental Biology 217(10):1682–1691.
- Citta, J. J., J. J. Burns, L. T. Quakenbush, V. Vanek, J. C. George, R. J. Small, M. P. Heide-Jorgensen, and H. Brower. 2014. Interactions of bowhead whales and winter pot fisheries in the Bering Sea. Marine Mammal Science 30:445-459. DOI: 10.1111/mms.12047.
- Correa, L., L. D. Rea, R. Bentzen, and T. M. O’Hara. 2014. Assessment of mercury and selenium tissular concentrations and total mercury body burden in 6 Steller sea lion pups from the Aleutian Islands. Marine Pollution Bulletin 82(1-2): 1–2.
- Hoopes, L. A., L. D. Rea, A. M. Christ, and G. A. J. Worthy. 2014. No Evidence of Metabolic Depression in Western Alaska Juvenile Steller Sea Lions (Eumetopias jubatus). PLoS One 9(1):e85339. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0085339.
- Jones, J., B. J. Thayre, E. H. Roth, M. Mahoney, K. A. Merculief, C. Jackson, C. Zeller, M. Clare, A. Bacon, S. Weaver, Z. Gentes, R. J. Small, I. Stirling, S. Wiggins, and J. A. Hildebrand. 2014. Ringed, bearded, and ribbon seal vocalizations and seasonal presence north of Barrow, Alaska. Arctic 67(2) 203–222.
- Womble, J. N., G. M. Blundell, S. M. Gende, M. Horning, M. F. Sigler, and D. J. Csepp. 2014. Linking marine predator diving behavior to local prey fields in contrasting habitats in a subarctic glacial fjord. Marine Biology 161(6):1361–1374