Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Christman, C. L., J. J. Citta, L. T. Quakenbush, J. T. Clarke, B. K. Rone, R. A. Shea, M. C. Ferguson, et al. 2013. Presence and behavior of bowhead whales (Balaena mysticetus) in the Alaskan Beaufort Sea in July 2011. Polar Biology doi:36(12):1851–1856.
- Citta, J. J., L. T. Quakenbush, and B. D. Taras. 2013. Estimation of calf:cow ratios of Pacific walruses for use in population modeling and monitoring. Marine Mammal Science, 30(1):20–43. doi:10.1111/mms.12013.
- Citta, J. J., R. S. Suydam, L. T. Quakenbush, K. J. Frost, and G. M. O’ Corry-Crowe. 2013. Dive Behavior of Eastern Chukchi Beluga Whales (Delphinapterus leucas), 1998–2008. Arctic Vol. 66, No. 4 P. 389–406.
- Geiger, G. L., S. Atkinson, J. N. Waite, G. M. Blundell, J. R. Carpenter, and K. Wynne. 2013. A new method to evaluate the nutritional composition of marine mammal diets from scats applied to harbor seals in the Gulf of Alaska. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology, 449(2013)118–128.
- Jemison, L. A., G. W. Pendleton, L. W. Fritz, K. K. Hastings, J. M. Maniscalco, A. W. Trites, and T. S. Gelatt. 2013. Inter-Population Movements of Steller Sea Lions in Alaska with Implications for Population Separation. PLoS ONE 8(8): e70167. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0070167.
- Lander, M. E., B. S. Fadely, T. S. Gelatt, L. D. Rea, and T.R. Loughlin. 2013. Serum chemistry reference ranges for Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) pups from Alaska: Stock differentiation and comparisons within a North Pacific sentinel species. EcoHealth 10(4), 376–393.
- Rea, L. D., J. M. Castellini, L. Correa, B. S. Fadely, and T. M. O’hara. 2013. Maternal Steller sea lion diets elevate fetal mercury concentrations in an area of population decline. Science of the Total Environment 454–455 (2013) 277–282.
- Rea, L.D., J.M. Castellini, L. Correa, B.S. Fadely, T.M. O'Hara. 2013. Maternal Steller sea lion diets elevate fetal mercury concentrations in an area of decline. Science of the Total Environment 454-455:277–282.