Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Castellini, J. M., L. D. Rea, C. L. Lieske, K. B. Beckmen, B. S. Fadely, J. M. Maniscalco, and T. M. O'Hara. 2012. Mercury concentrations in hair from neonatal and juvenile Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus): Implications based on age and region in this northern Pacific marine sentinel piscivore. Ecohealth, 2012 Sep; 9(3):267–77. DOI: 10.1007/s10393–012–0784–4.
- Citta, J. J., L. T. Quakenbush, J. C. George, R. J. Small, M. P. Heide-Jorgensen, H. Brower, B. Adams, and L. Brower. 2012. Winter movements of bowhead whales (Balaena mysticetus) in the Bering Sea. Arctic 65(1):13-34.
- Crawford, J.A., K.J. Frost, L.T. Quakenbush, and A. Whiting. 2012. Different habitat use strategies by subadult and adult ringed seals (Phoca hispida) in the Bering and Chukchi Seas. Polar Biology 35:241–255.
- Hastings, K. K., R. J. Small, and G. W. Pendleton. 2012. Sex-and age-specific survival of harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) from Tugidak Island, Alaska. Journal of Mammalogy, 93(5):1368–1379. 2012. DOI: 10.1644/11–MAMM–A–291.1
- Himes Boor, G. K., and R .J. Small. 2012. Steller sea lion spatial-use patterns derived from a Bayesian model of opportunistic observations. Marine Mammal Science, Online first, 21 MAR 2012 DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.2011.00541.x
- Norman, S. A., C. E. C. Goertz, K. A. Burek, L. T. Quakenbush, L. A. Cornick, T. Romano, T. Spoon, W. Miller, L. A. Beckett, and R. C. Hobbs. 2012. Seasonal hematology and serum chemistry of wild beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas) in Bristol Bay, Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 48(1):21–32.
- Udevitz, M. S., R. L. Taylor, J. L. Garlich-Miller, L. T. Quakenbush, and J. A. Snyder. 2012. Potential population-level effects of increased haulout-related mortality of Pacific walrus calves. Polar Biology DOI: 10.1007/s00300-012-1259-3.