Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Blundell, G. M., J. N. Womble, G. W. Pendleton, J. K. Herreman, S. A. Karpovich, S. M. Gende, and M. Ben-David. 2011. Use of glacial and terrestrial habitat by harbor seals in Glacier Bay, Alaska: Costs and benefits. Marine Ecology Progress Series 429:277–290. DOI: 10.3354/meps09073.
- Carrasco, S. E., K. A. Burek, J. L. Oaks, K. B. Beckmen, J. L. Oaks, M. A. Davis, K. N. K. Baker, and J. A. K. Mazet. 2011. Aerobic oral and rectal bacteria of free-ranging Steller sea lion pups and juveniles (Eumetopias jubatus) in Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 47(4): 807–820.
- Crawford, J. A., K. J. Frost, L. T. Quakenbush, and A. Whiting. 2011. Different habitat use strategies by subadult and adult ringed seals (Phoca hispida) in the Bering and Chukchi seas. Polar Biology 35:241–255.
- Hastings, K. K., L. A. Jemison, T. S. Gelatt, J. L. Laake, G. W. Pendleton, J. C. King, A. W. Trites, and K. W. Pitcher. 2011. Cohort effects and spatial variation in age-specific survival of Steller sea lions from southeastern Alaska. Ecosphere 2(10):111. DOI:10.1890/ES11-00215.1.
- Heide-Jørgensen, M. P., K. L. Laidre, L. T. Quakenbush, and J. J. Citta. 2011. The Northwest Passage opens for bowhead whales. Biology Letters DOI:10.1098/rsbl.2011.0731.
- Herreman, J. K., A. D. McIntosh, R. K. Dziuba, G. M. Blundell, M. Ben-David, and E. C. Greiner. 2011. Parasites of harbor seals (Phoca vitulina) in Glacier Bay and Prince William Sound, Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 27:247–253.
- Hueffer, H., D. Holcomb, L. R. Ballweber, S. M. Gende, G. M. Blundell, and T. M. O’Hara. 2011. Serological surveillance of multiple pathogens in a declining harbor seal population in Glacier Bay National Park and a reference site. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 47:984–988.
- Mathews, E. A., J. N. Womble, G. W. Pendleton, L. A. Jemison, J. M. Maniscalco, and G. Streveler. 2011. Population growth and colonization of Steller sea lions in the Glacier Bay region of southeastern Alaska: 1970s – 2009. Marine Mammal Science 27(4):852-880. DOI: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.2010.00455.x.