Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Burek, K. A., K. B. Beckmen, T. S. Gelatt, W. Fraser, A. J. Bracht, K. A. Smolarek, and C. H. Romero. 2005. Poxvirus infection of Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus) in Alaska. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 41(4):745–752.
- Burek, K. A., F. M. D. Gulland, G. G. Sheffield, K. B. Beckmen, E. Keyes, T. R. Spraker, A. W. Smith, D. E. Skilling, J. Evermann, J. L. Stott, J. T. Saliki, and A. W. Trites. 2005. Infectious disease and the decline of Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus) in Alaska: Insights from serologic data. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 41(3):512–524.
- Burns, J. M., D. P. Costa, K. L. Frost, and J. T. Harvey. 2005. Development of body oxygen stores in harbor seals: effects of age, mass, and body composition. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 78(6):1057–1068.
- Dehn, L. A., G. G. Sheffield, E. H. Follmann, L. K. Duffy, D. L. Thomas, G. R. Bratton, R. J. Taylor, and T. M. O'Hara. 2005. Trace elements in tissues of phocid seals harvested in the Alaskan and Canadian Arctic: influence of age and feeding ecology. Canadian Journal of Zoology 83(5):726–746.
- Dodds, E. D., M. R. McCoy, L. D. Rea, and J. M. Kennish. 2005. Gas chromatographic quantitation of fatty acid methyl esters: Flame ionization detection versus electron impact mass spectrometry. Lipids. 40:419–428.
- Dodds, E. D., M. R. McCoy, L. D. Rea, and J. M. Kennish. 2005. Proton transfer chemical ionization mass spectrometry of fatty acid methyl esters separated by gas chromatography: quantitative aspects. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 107:560–564.
- Frost, K. J. 2005. Crosscurrents and Deep Water: Alaska's Marine Mammals. Chapter 14 in A Century of Change: the Harriman Expedition Revisited, T. S. Litwin, ed. Rutgers University Press.
- Kaplan, C. C. 2005. Neonatal Survival of Steller Sea Lions (Eumetopias jubatus). M.Sc. Thesis. Colorado State University.
- Koski, W. R., J. C. George, G. G. Sheffield, and M. S. Galginaitis. 2005. Subsistence harvests of bowhead whales (Balaena mysticetus) at Kaktovik, Alaska (1973-2000). The Journal of Cetacean Research and Management 7(1):33–37.
- Pitcher, K. W., M. J. Rehberg, G. W. Pendleton, K. L. Raum-Suryan, T. S. Gelatt, U. G. Swain, U, and M. F. Sigler. 2005. Ontogeny of dive performance in pup and juvenile Steller sea lions in Alaska. Canadian Journal of Zoology 83(9):1214–1231.
- Rehberg, M. J. 2005. Pattern matters: changes in the organization of swimming and diving behavior by Steller sea lion juveniles in Alaska. MS Thesis, University of Alaska Anchorage, Alaska, USA. 100 pp.
- Richmond, J. P., J. M. Burns, L. D. Rea, and K. L. Mashburn. 2005. Postnatal ontogeny of erythropoietin and hematology in free-ranging Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus). General and Comparative Endocrinology 141(3):240–247.
- Small, R. J., L. F. Lowry, J. M. Ver Hoef, K. J. Frost, R. A. DeLong, M. J. Rehberg, and J. M. Ver Hoef. 2005. Differential movements by harbor seal pups in contrasting Alaska environments. Marine Mammal Science 21(4):671–694.