Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Frost, K. J., L. F. Lowry, G. W. Pendleton, and H. R. Nute. 2004. Factors affecting the observed densities of ringed seals, Phoca hispida, in the Alaskan Beaufort Sea, 1996-99. Arctic 57(2):115–128.
- Hastings, K. K., K. J. Frost, M. A. Simpkins, G. W. Pendleton, U. G. Swain, and R. J. Small. 2004. Regional differences in diving behavior of harbor seals in the Gulf of Alaska. Canadian Journal of Zoology 82(11):1755–1773.
- Lowry, L. F., G. G. Sheffield, and J. C. George. 2004. Bowhead whale feeding in the Alaskan Beaufort Sea, based on stomach contents analyses. The Journal of Cetacean Research and Management 6(3):215–223.
- Maniscalco, J. M., K. Wynne, K. W. Pitcher, M. B. Hanson, S. R. Melin, and S. Atkinson. 2004. The occurrence of California sea lions (Zalophus californianus) in Alaska. Aquatic Mammals 30(3):427–433.
- Raum-Suryan, K. L., K. W. Pitcher, R. and Lamy. 2004. Sea Otter, Enhydra lutris, sightings off Haida Gwaii Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia, 1972-2002. Canadian Field-Naturalist 118(2):270–272.
- Raum-Suryan, K. L., M. J. Rehberg, G. W. Pendleton, K. W. Pitcher, and T. S. Gelatt. 2004. Development of dispersal, movement patterns, and haul-out use by pup and juvenile Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus) in Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 20(4):823–850.