Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Adkison, M. A., T. J. Quinn, and R. J. Small. 2003. Evaluation of the Alaska harbor seal (Phoca vitulina) population survey: a simulation study. Marine Mammal Science 19(4):764–790.
- Boveng, P. L., J. L. Bengtson, D. E. Withrow, J. C. Cesarone, M. A. Simpkins, K. L. Frost, K. J., and J. J. Burns. 2003. The abundance of harbor seals in the Gulf of Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 19:111–127.
- Daniel, R. G., L. A. Jemison, G. W. Pendleton, and S. M. Crowley. 2003. Molting phenology of harbor seals on Tugidak Island, Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 19(1):128–140.
- Goldstein, T., F. M. Gulland, B. M. Aldridge, J. T. Harvey, T. Rowles, D. M. Lambourn, S. J. Jeffries, L. Meaures, P. K. Yochem, B. S. Stewart, R. J. Small, D. P. King, J. L. Stott, and J. A. Mazet. 2003. Antibodies to phocine herpesevirus-1 are common in North American harbor seals (Phoca vitulina). Journal of Wildlife Diseases 39:487–494.
- Simpkins, M. A., L. M. Hiruki-Raring, G. G. Sheffield, J. M. Grebmeier, and J. L. Bengtson. 2003. Habitat selection by ice-associated pinnipeds near St. Lawrence Island, Alaska in March 2001. Polar Biology 26(9):577–586.
- Small, R. J., G. W. Pendleton, and K. W. Pitcher. 2003. Trends in abundance of Alaska harbor seals, 1983-2001. Marine Mammal Science 19(2):344–362.
- Ver Hoef, J. M., and K. J. Frost. 2003. A Bayesian hierarchical model for monitoring harbor seal changes in Prince William Sound, Alaska. Environmental and Ecological Statistics 10:201–219.