Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Beckmen, K. B., L. K. Duffy, X. Zhang, and K. W. Pitcher. 2002. Mercury concentrations in the fur of Steller sea lions and northern fur seals from Alaska. Marine Pollution Bulletin 44(10):1130–1135.
- Huntington, H. P., P. K. Brown-Schwalenberg, K. J. Frost, M. E. Fernandez-Gimenez, D. W. Norton, and D. H. Rosenberg, D. H. 2002. Observations on the Workshop as a Means of Improving Communication Between Holders of Traditional and Scientific Knowledge. Environmental Management 30:778–792.
- Iverson, S. J., K. J. Frost, and S. Lang. 2002. Fat content and fatty acid composition of forage fish and invertebrates in Prince William Sound, Alaska: factors contributing to among and within species variability. Marine Ecological Progress Series 241:161–181.
- O'Corry-Crowe, G. M., A. E. Dizon, R. S. Suydam, and L. F. Lowry. 2002. Molecular genetics studies of population structure and movement patterns in a migratory species: the beluga whale, Delphinapterus leucas, in the western nearctic. Pages 53-64 in Molecular and cell biology of marine mammals, C. J. Pfeiffer, ed. Krieger Publishing Co., Malabar, Florida, USA.
- Raum-Suryan, K. L., K. W. Pitcher, D. G. Calkins, J. L. Sease, and T. R. Loughlin. 2002. Dispersal, rookery fidelity, and metapopulation structure of Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus) in an increasing and a decreasing population in Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 18(3):746–764.
- Rea, L. D. 2002. Indices of condition in Steller sea lions (Eumetopias jubatus). Pages 29-33 in Steller Sea Lion Decline: Is It Food II, D. DeMaster and S. Atkinson, eds. University of Alaska Sea Grant, AK-SG-02-02, Fairbanks, Alaska, USA.