Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- DeMaster, D. P., L. F. Lowry, K. J. Frost, and R. A. Bengtson. 2001. The effect of sea state on estimates of abundance for beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas) in Norton Sound, Alaska. Fishery Bulletin 99:197–201.
- Frost, K. J., M. A. Simpkins, and L. F. Lowry. 2001. Diving behavior of subadult and adult harbor seals in Prince William Sound, Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 17(4):813–834.
- Jemison, L. A., and B. P. Kelly. 2001. Pupping phenology and demography of harbor seals (Phoca vitulina richardsi) on Tugidak Island, Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 17(3):585–600.
- Lowry, L. F., K. J. Frost, J. M. Ver Hoef, and R. A. DeLong. 2001. Movements of satellite-tagged subadult and adult harbor seals in Prince William Sound, Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 17(4):835–861.
- Pitcher, K. W., V. N. Burkanov, D. G. Calkins, B. J. Le Boeuf, E. G. Mamaev, R. L. Merrick, and G. W. Pendleton. 2001. Spatial and temporal variation in the timing of births of steller sea lions. Journal of Mammalogy 82(4):1047–1053.
- Saeki, K., M. Nakajima, T. R. Loughlin, D. C. Calkins, N. Baba, M. Kiyota, and R. Tatsukawa. 2001. Accumulation of silver in the liver of three species of pinnipeds. Environmental Pollution 112(1):19–25.
- Sheffield, G. G., F. H. Fay, H. Feder, and B. P. Kelly. 2001. Laboratory digestion of prey and interpretation of walrus stomach contents. Marine Mammal Science 17(2):310–330.
- Snyder, G. M., K. W. Pitcher, W. L. Perryman, and M. S. Lynn. 2001. Counting Steller sea lion pups in Alaska: an evaluation of medium-format, color aerial photography. Marine Mammal Science 17(1):136–146.
- Speckman, S., and G. Sheffield. 2001. First record of an anomalously white killer whale, Orcinus orca, near St. Lawrence Island, Northern Bering Sea, Alaska. Canadian Field-Naturalist 115(3):501–502.
- Suydam, R. S., L. F. Lowry, K. J. Frost, G. M. O'Corry-Crowe, and D. Pikok. 2001. Satellite tracking of eastern Chukchi Sea beluga whales into the Arctic Ocean. Arctic 54(3):237–243.
- Winship, A. J., A. W. Trites, and Calkins, D. G. 2001. Growth in body size of the Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus). Journal of Mammalogy 82(2):500–519.