Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Marine Mammals Program Publications
If you would like to receive a reprint of any scientific publication based on research conducted by the ADF&G Marine Mammal staff please contact us.
Our publications can be viewed from all years, or those in press, or you may choose a specific year from the following (most web browsers support the ability to search a list of publications by pressing Ctrl-F):
- Bickham, J. W., T. R. Loughlin, D. G. Calkins, J. K. Wickliffe, J. C. Patton, and J. R. Bickham. 1998. Genetic variability and population decline in Steller sea lions from the Gulf of Alaska. Journal of Mammalogy 79(4):1390–1395.
- Calkins, D. G. 1998. Prey of Steller sea lions in the Bering Sea. Biosphere Conservation 1(1):33–44.
- Calkins, D. G., E. F. Becker, and K. W. Pitcher. 1998. Reduced body size of female Steller sea lions from a declining population in the Gulf of Alaska. Marine Mammal Science 14(2):232–244.
- Lowry, L. F., K. J. Frost, R. Davis, D. P. DeMaster, and R. S. Suydam. 1998. Movements and behavior of satellite-tagged spotted seals (Phoca largha) in the Bering and Chukchi Seas. Polar Biology 19:221–230.
- Pitcher, K. W.,D. G. Calkins, and G. W. Pendeleton. 1998. Reproductive performance of female Steller sea lions: An energetics-based reproductive strategy? Canadian Journal of Zoology 76(11):2075–2083.