- International Pacific Halibut Commission: catch statistics, surveys, stock assessment, commercial catch limits, biological research, regulations, publications, and photos.
- National Marine Fisheries Service: commercial catch statistics, IFQ fishery management, and regulations.
- North Pacific Fisheries Management Council (NPFMC): allocation of halibut, IFQ program, analyses of allocation and management alternatives.
- Bell, F. Heward. 1981. The Pacific halibut: the resource and the fishery. Alaska Northwest Publishing Company, Anchorage. 267 pp. This is a rich source of historical and biological information by a former director of the IPHC.
- Alaska Sea Grant
- Marine Stewardship Council: certification of halibut fishery as sustainable.
- Every Halibut Counts: Every Halibut Counts is a voluntary, grassroots project for Alaska’s halibut charter boats, their angler clients, and all other recreational halibut anglers.