Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Greens Creek Mine Biomonitoring Program
The Greens Creek Mine biomonitoring program was begun in 2001 to document the health of aquatic communities in Greens Creek and Tributary Creek, and to document the abundance and taxonomic richness of existing aquatic habitats so comparisons can be made with future conditions at the monitored sites. Elements of the program have included surveys of periphyton abundance, aquatic invertebrate density and community structure, juvenile fish abundance and distribution, concentrations of select elements in fish tissues, and toxicity testing.
For more information regarding Greens Creek Mining operations and environmental studies, check out the "Related Links" and the annual Technical Reports published by Habitat for their portion of this biomonitoring program.
- DNR Mining, Land and Water - Greens Creek Site
- DEC Environmental Health - Greens Creek Permit Site
- Helca Greens Creek Mining Company
- 2009 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 1,914 kB)
- 2008 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 4,334 kB)
- 2007 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 1,498 kB)
- 2006 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 2,250 kB)
- 2005 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 1,763 kB)
- 2004 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 1,962 kB)
- 2003 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 2,751 kB)
- 2002 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 2,988 kB)
- 2001 Biomonitoring Report (PDF 2,067 kB)
A complete list of research reports for various projects in our Technical Report series can be viewed here.