Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Commissioner's Welcome
- Our Agency
Our Structure & Staff
- Commissioner's Office
- Directors' Biographies
- Divisions & Missions
Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission
Contribution to Department Mission
The mission of the Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission is to control entry into Alaska's commercial fisheries to promote conservation of Alaska's fishery resources and economic health of commercial fishing.
- Limit entry into commercial fisheries.
- Issue and transfer annual commercial fishing permits and vessel licenses.
- Adjudicate appeals of actions including denials of applications and transfers.
- Study, analyze, and report on the economics and stability of commercial fisheries.
- Ensure reliable and timely access to fishery data.