Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Caribou Hunting in Alaska
- General Information on Hunting
- Caribou Sex Identification (PDF 438 kB)
- Caribou Id & Meat Salvage Regs (PDF 337 kB)
- Big Game Harvest Permit Raffle/Auction Program
- Hunting Fortymile Caribou
- Unit 23 Hunter Orientation
- Unit 19B Nonresident Caribou Hunter Orientation Requirement
A nonresident hunter must attend an ADF&G-approved hunter orientation course or must be accompanied in the field by a registered guide or resident family member within the second-degree of kindred. For futher infofmration, contact ADF&G Fairbanks at (907) 459-7206 or Anchorage at (907) 267-2257.
- Unit 23 Pilot Orientation and Certification Requirement
Hunting in this remote area poses unique challenges. In this Unit, pilots may not transport parts of big game with an aircraft without having, in their possession, a certificate showing they’ve completed a course about ethical flight operations in Unit 23. Read the pilot orientation and take the quiz to get your certificate.
- From Alaska Fish and Wildlife News: