Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Caribou Hunting in Alaska
RC860 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2013
Hunt Number: RC860
Regulatory Year: 2013
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: All Hunters: 1 bull caribou
20B, 20D, 20E, 20F, 25C
- Report within 3 days of the kill. Report online (http://www.hunt.alaska.gov ) OR by phone(907-883-2971) leaving your name, hunt and permit number, location and date of kill, AND return permit report card by mail or in person to Tok ADF&G.
- Specimens Required: None
Report within 15 days of the close of the season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) WHEN: STATE HUNTERS: Zones 1 and 3 Alaska RESIDENTS: Aug. 29 - Sept. 30 NONRESIDENTS: Aug. 29 - Sept. 20;
Zone 2 and Zone 4 Alaska RESIDENTS: Aug. 10 - Sept. 30 NONRESIDENTS: Aug. 10 - Sept. 20.
FEDERAL SUBSISTENCE HUNTERS: All Zones Aug. 10 - Sept. 30 on federal lands only. Unless season is closed by Emergency Order.
2) WHERE: Detailed zone descriptions and zone map available at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=caribouhunting.40mile or ADF&G offices in Fairbanks, Tok, Delta Junction, Douglas, Anchorage and Palmer.
3) BAG LIMIT: All hunters: One (1) bull caribou, evidence of sex left attached to a rear quarter is required.
4) REPORTING: Successful hunters: Report within 3 days of the kill, by either reporting online (http://hunt.alaska.gov) or providing your name, hunt number, permit number, location of kill and date of kill by phone to Tok ADF&G (907-883-2971) along with returning your permit report card by mail or in person to Tok ADF&G. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt: Report within 15 days of the close of the season, by reporting online (http://hunt.alaska.gov), in person or by mail to Tok ADF&G.
5) REMEMBER: You may not possess RC860 & RM865 (20E moose permit) at the same time! If the state season closes before the federal season, then only federally eligible subsistence hunters may continue to participate in this hunt on federal lands.
6) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska residents and nonresidents.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, Tier II, and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
8) HUNT STATUS INFO: BEFORE HUNTING CALL Fortymile Hotline: 907-267-2310, Tok ADF&G 907-883-2971.
9) PROXY HUNTING PROHIBITED: Proxy hunting is prohibited for the Fortymile registration hunts RC860 and RC867.
10) MOTORIZED VEHICLE USE RESTRICTED: The use of any motorized land vehicle greater than 1,500 lbs. for hunting caribou under an RC860 permit, including the transportation of hunters, their hunting gear, and/or parts of game, is prohibited from August 1-September 30, within the portion of the Mosquito Fork of the Fortymile River drainage between, but not including, the Kechumstuck Creek drainage and the drainage of the northern tributary which flows into the Mosquito Fork at 63° 54.49 N., 143° 2.72 W. This restriction does not apply on the Kechumstuk Trail, the Square Lake Trail and that portion of the Mitchels Ranch Trail east of the Mosquito Fork.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.