Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Alaska Sustainable Salmon Fund
Calls for Proposals
Statewide Expert Panel Meeting
AKSSF is convening its statewide Expert Panel to assist in development of its 2014 call for proposals (CFP). The Expert Panel will review and update the high priority objectives and strategic focus statements that were selected for the 2013 CFP. Panel meetings are open to the public; if you plan to attend, please contact Cecelia Curtis (email@example.com/907-465-4181) at least five days prior to the meeting to ensure we have sufficient seating and materials available. Teleconferencing will not be available, but written comments may be submitted before the meeting. Meeting details:
March 19, 2014: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Residence Inn, Anchorage
1025 E 35th Ave.
Call for Proposals (CFP) Announcement
AKSSF will open its 2014 CFP on April 15. The amount of funding available is not yet known, but is expected to be no more than $4 million. The following partial list of conditions applies to this CFP:
- Proposals must be submitted through our website (www.akssf.org) which will contain all required forms, templates, and reference documents.
- All proposals must be received by 12 p.m. (noon) Alaska Daylight Time on July 16, 2014.
- Proposals submitted by 12 p.m. (noon) Alaska Daylight time on June 17, 2014, will be provided with a courtesy administrative pre-review.
- Notification letters (i.e., funding decision letters) will be sent to applicants by December 19, 2014.
- Proponents must contribute a 35% non-federal match.
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2017.
- Projects must directly relate to one of the following congressionally authorized uses:
- Restoring or protecting salmon or steelhead habitat
- Maintenance of salmon or steelhead populations necessary for subsistence fishing
- Projects must directly relate to one or more high priority objectives in their respective AKSSF region (Arctic-Yukon-Kuskokwim, Central, Southeast, or Westward; high priority objectives will be available when the call opens).
Please refer to the CFP summary document and frequently asked questions section at www.akssf.org for further guidance after the call opens on April 15. AKSSF is offering webinars on May 13 (9:00 – 11:00 a.m.) and May 21 (9:00 – 11:00 a.m.) to help applicants understand the proposal development and project selection processes. These workshops are a great opportunity to get your questions answered while learning how to avoid common proposal pitfalls. If you are interested in participating, please contact Cecelia Curtis (firstname.lastname@example.org/907-465-4181).
If you have any questions about the Expert Panel meeting or the CFP, please contact Debbie Maas at email@example.com or 907-465-6134.