Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska

DS102 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2023

(See also: DS102 for the 2022 Regulatory Year)

Map of DS102
This map is subject to change. Click to enlarge map

Hunt Details

Hunt Number: DS102
Regulatory Year: 2023
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Dall Sheep
Legal Animal: Full curl ram every 4 regulatory years.

Number of Permits

Residency Number of Permits
Nonresidents Up to 1 permit
Alaska residents Up to 9 permits
Total Number of Permits Available 10 permits

GMU, Area

12, 13C, and 20D, Tok Management Area

Season Dates*

08/10/2023 - 09/20/2023

*See Drawing or Subsistence Supplements for season details.

Residency Restrictions

  • Hunt available to Nonresidents
  • Hunt available to Alaska residents

Reporting Requirements

  • Successful Hunters
    • Report within 15 days of kill.
    • Specimens Required: Horns attached to skull plate. Must be sealed by ADF&G.
  • Unsuccessful Hunters
    Report by mail within 15 days of season end.
  • Internet Reporting
    If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov

Additional Requirements and Information

  • Hunt Area: Tok Management Area - those portions of Units 12, 13C, and 20D bounded by a line along the Alaska Highway east from the west side of the Johnson River bridge to Tok Junction, then south along the Tok-Slana cutoff (Glenn Hwy) to the Slana River, then west along the north bank of the Slana River to its confluence with Lost Creek, then up the north side of Lost creek to the divide between Lost Creek and Jack Creek, then north to the Unit 12 boundary then west along the Unit 12 boundary to Mt.Kimball (N63° 17.00', W144° 40.00'), then west in a straight line to Mt.Gakona (N63° 17.00', W145° 12.00'), then southwesterly to the head of Canwell Glacier, then northerly to the head of the Johnson Glacier, then northerly along the west bank of the Johnson Glacier and Johnson River to the Johnson River bridge.

    Horns must be sealed by ADF&G.

Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.