Dall Sheep Hunting in Alaska
RS380 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RS380
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Dall Sheep
Legal Animal: Rams only with ¾ curl or smaller, excluding rams with both tips broken.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
10/01/2022 - 04/30/2023
*See Drawing or Subsistence Supplements for season details.
Alaska residents only
- Report within 3 days of leaving the field. SEALING IS REQUIRED - within 30 days of the kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Report within 3 days of leaving the field. If you did not hunt report by phone, mail, or online by May 15.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) WHEN: Oct 1 - April 30. Hunt areas will be closed by emergency order when harvest quota is reached. HUNTERS MUST CONTACT MCGRATH ADF&G BY PHONE TO CONFIRM HUNT AUTHORIZATION-(SEE #7).
2) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
3) WHERE: 19C
4) BAG LIMIT: Rams only with ¾ curl or smaller, excluding rams with both tips broken.
5) SPECIMENS REQUIRED: None
6) REQUIREMENTS: Due to a small harvest quota there are restrictions to the number of hunters allowed in the field at one time. YOU MUST CONTACT MCGRATH ADF&G OFFICE WITHIN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO HUNTING. YOU MUST BE ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC HUNT PERIOD BEFORE HUNTING. YOU MUST CALL AGAIN WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER YOU LEAVE THE HUNT AREA (907) 524-3240, (907) 524-3323, or (907) 524-3325. HORNS MUST BE SEALED within 30 days of the kill.
7) REMEMBER: AIRCRAFT MAY NOT be used to transport sheep hunters, sheep, or sheep hunting gear. You may only kill one (1) sheep per regulatory year (July 1 - June 30). If you have killed a sheep anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid.
8) REPORTING: ALL hunters must report within 3 days of leaving the field in person or by telephone (907) 524-3240, (907) 524-3323, or (907) 524-3325. You may request a return phone call by leaving a message with contact information, but you will not have reported until confirmed by staff in McGrath. Those who did not hunt must report by May 15 in person, by pre-paid mail, or online at http://hunt.alaska.gov.
9) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report you will not be eligible to receive any permits (Drawing, Targeted, Tier II, or Registration, including Tier I Nelchina Caribou) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to AK Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.