Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM996 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM996
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull
Number of Permits: 12 permits
Unit 26B, Excluding the Canning River Drainage
Sept. 1 - Sept. 14
Alaska residents only
- Online, by mail or in person to ADF&G within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Online, by mail or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 26B, that portion excluding the Canning River drainage.
- The hunt area includes a portion of the Dalton Highway Corridor Management Area.
- Moose may be taken in the DHCMA by bow and arrow only, and IBEP (International Bowhunter Education Program) certification is required.
- Call ADF&G for more information (907) 459-7206.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.